Author has written 6 stories for Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Harry Potter, Wicked, Ranger's Apprentice, and Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard.
Name: Fiction is the Truth (duh!)
Time Zone: Chicago time/ Central time
GUYS! I'VE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT KRISTANNA FROM FROZEN IS PRACTICALLY SOLANGELO! Okay, I've calmed down. But Nico is practically Kristoff, they have similar attitudes, while Will is pretty much Anna in a male body, but a little less naïve. I figured this out while listening to Love is an Open Door, (PRO TIP: Pretend your OTP is singing the song. It's much better, trust me. :)) and then In Summer. I could totally see Nico and Will arguing about Will getting himself engaged to the first girl he met. I mean, in this situation, Will has lived in a castle his whole life, no contact with people other than servants, and would have no idea that he doesn't like girls (or and guys) yet, so it's pretty plausible. PM me with your thoughts if you want to discuss this!
I will ship pretty much anything, so long as the author provides credible evidence in the story that the two characters have an explainable relationship, like enemies to study partners to friends to dating, and if it’s not OOC. This also goes for what I will write. Explain it decently, and there’s a 90% chance that I will read it and thus, ship it.
Fandom list (and how many fanfics written)
Percy Jackson and The Olympians (3)
Rangers Apprentice (1)
Land Of Stories (0)
Waterfire Saga (0)
Kane Chronicles (0)
Magnus Chase (1)
Harry Potter (1) crossover with PJO is coming hopefully soon
Miraculous Ladybug (0)
Sisters Grimm (0)
Lunar Chronicles (0)
fandoms are not ranked in order of favor. Please note ranking changes daily. I will be glad to talk about any of these if you’d like to pm me.
'I'm starting with the man in the mirror.
I'm asking him to change his ways.
No message could have been any clearer.
If you wanna make the world a better place,
Then take a look at yourself and you can make the change!'
-Michael Jackson, Man in the Mirror
This has a completely different meaning if you're in the Sisters Grimm fandom.
The Geek Girl’s Litany for Feminism—from ‘Fangirl’s Guide to the Galaxy’
I am a geek girl and a feminist.
I embrace the word “fangirl” with open arms.
I don’t have to prove my nerd cred to anyone, ever.
Whether I’m a comics n00b, or a fic writer typing up her next chapter, or a hard core gamer who sometimes forgets to sleep (not that I ever do that), no one gets to decide whether I do or do not belong.
From SuperWhoLock to Shakarian, I accept all fandoms and ships as equally meaningful and important in our geek girl lives.
Even if your OTP is my NOTP, I will still like you (though I may have to unfollow your blog).
I can wear makeup and R2D2 mini dresses, or a Chewie T-shirt and ripped jeans, and the world has to deal with it; because a geek feminist looks however she wants and doesn’t apologize.
I will support empowering, lady-created media and amazing female characters who make me feel like I could be Batgirl, if I just had some yellow Doc Martins and a vigilante complex.
I’m the Doctor, not a companion; Buffy, not Bella; nobody’s sidekick, love interest, or token female.
I’m driving this ship.
I’m a fangirl, a feminist, and a force to be reckoned with.
(Copy and paste onto your profile if you agree)
The 27 Commandments of Fanfiction
1. Thou shalt not post a fic until it has been checked for grammar and spelling errors. The fanfiction gods hath given you a spellchecker on the computer for good reason. Use it.
2.Thou shalt not post a chapter of less than 100 words, unless it is a drabble. This displeases the masses.
3.Thou shalt not put author's notes in the middle of the story.
4.Thou shalt NEVER use text-speak in a fic, unless the characters are actually texting.
5.Thou shalt keep to one tense, and only one, throughout the story. Do not switch randomly.
6.Apply the above number 5 to POVs as well.
7. Thou shalt not get offended when someone makes fun of the crack pairing featured in your fanfiction. It probably is rather hilarious.
8.Thou shalt not use , ;, or :( in a fanfiction to show the emotion exhibited by a character.
9.Thou shall try-eth to keep characters in character!
10.Thou shall not treat every criticism as a flame.
11.The author's note is not a spot for your personal drama, and thou shalt not make it so.
12.Thou shalt not put any form of the phrase "first fic" in thy summary.
13. Thy created characters must not have names that exceed five syllables in length. Nor shall thy name have more than five words in length.
14. Thou shall not insert thyself into the story line as thyself or as a character- yes we know that you are in love with yourself and are very narcissistic, we just don’t want to read about how you end up with the main character.
15.If thou art writing a story that does not follow the original story line, point it out in the beginning.
16.Thou shall not make a person randomly smart or powerful unless stating a reason for the change (a good reason).
17.Thou shalt show and not tell.
18.Thou shalt not EVER use the phrase "I suck at summaries" in-est thine summary. This annoys thine readers.
19.Thou shalt not write the same way thou speak-est- writing is an art.
20.Thou shalt ALWAYS spell the word "okay" correctly. Using the letter "K" is an unacceptable compromise.
21. Thou shalt only use clichés when thou a) art writing a parody or b) find a new and interesting twist to make such clichés bearable to thine reader.
22. Thou shalt always separate dialogue from two separate speakers in two separate paragraphs. Otherwise thine readers shalt be confuse-ed.
23. Thou shalt not EVER make a chapter all one paragraph. THIS INFURIATES BOTH THINE READER AND THE FANFICTION GODS. They have given thee an ENTER key with good reason.
24. Thou shalt not write with thy caps lock on, it displeases the masses and causes thy readers to lose their vision and make angels weep.
25. Thou shalt know how to spell the character's names correctly before you writeth the fic. Misspelling the name of the main characters makes readers angry and distracts from the story.
26. Thou shalt not say in thine summary "summary inside". This shows lack of creativeness and infuriates the masses. The only exception is when a summary is cut short and a continuation of it lies inside.
27. Thou shall use paragraphs and space the story so it is not terrifyingly daunting to thine readers.
White Squirrel (26)
|Community:||Percy Jackson: The Ultimate Collection|
|Focus:||General: All Categories|