Home Community TV Shows Hogan's Heroes Reflections on World War I
Reflections on World War I
Follow .
Focus: TV Shows Hogan's Heroes, Since: 12-25-18
Founder: Abracadebra - Stories: 24 - Followers: 0 - id: 130705
A repository for Hogan's Heroes stories that include reflections on World War I. This category includes the stories from the 2018 Armistice Day Centennial Challenge, plus others.

Hogan's Heroes: Stories of a War Hero by Basketballgirl Kaitlin reviews
When Hogan and Newkirk are cleaning Klink's office, they find his journal from WWI and grow curious. They, along with Klink's daughter, decide to take a peek inside and learn more about the kommandant's time in the Great War. What did he do? Where was he stationed? And how did he earn his nickname the Iron Eagle?
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K+ - English - Humor/Adventure - Chapters: 21 - Words: 60,453 - Reviews: 11 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 4 - Updated: 12/3/2019 - Published: 11/11/2019 - R. Hogan, W. Klink, A. Burkhalter, OC - Complete
Absolution by whirlyite reviews
Better late than never. My contribution for the 100th Anniversary of the Armistice (or my early contribution for the 101st Anniversary of the Armistice).
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K+ - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,893 - Reviews: 7 - Published: 4/17/2019 - Complete
Stay Safe, Son by newkathy97 reviews
A short fic written for Father's Day. Also my first! It was brought to my attention that the second part of this fic was rather rushed. I have tried to remedy that, and I hope it worked! I had some computer trouble in the past, and this was a bit of an experiment, just to see if I could post. Enjoy!
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: T - English - Drama/Family - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,394 - Reviews: 13 - Favs: 5 - Follows: 2 - Published: 6/17/2012 - P. Newkirk - Complete
Toy Soldier by Abracadebra reviews
Sometimes the lesson you teach isn't the one you intended. A returned soldier and his young son visit The Cenotaph on Armistice Day 1919. Photograph shows King George V placing a wreath at the monument that day. A missing scene from my story "In the Name of the Father." Winner of two Papa Bear Awards including Gold/Best Snapshot and Bronze/Best Original Character (Mary Newkirk).
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 990 - Reviews: 10 - Favs: 3 - Published: 11/11/2019 - P. Newkirk, OC - Complete
I Was A Soldier by AndyHood reviews
What if Colonel Klink is not the bumbling idiot that everyone knows him to be? Klink is hiding a dark past that is reawaken one night and Hogan and the gang find out that their lovable Colonel Klink is not who he seems.
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: T - English - Friendship/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 2 - Words: 2,120 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 18 - Follows: 25 - Updated: 3/23/2018 - Published: 1/30/2017 - R. Hogan, W. Klink, H. Schultz
The Reasoning of a Self-Proclaimed Neutral by newkathy97 reviews
A short bit of free-verse poetry I composed today in school. It explores in a bit more serious depth the reasons and emotions behind our favourite guard's most famous line. Note: I hang my head in shame; the last line of this was incorrect when I first posted!
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: T - English - Poetry/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 349 - Reviews: 18 - Favs: 12 - Published: 10/9/2012 - H. Schultz - Complete
Sons of Heroes of the War Before by marylinusca reviews
A Remembrance Day Vignette November 11, 1928
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,551 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 11 - Follows: 2 - Published: 11/9/2003 - Complete
We Remember by jodm reviews
November 11 brings poignant memories for Hogan and LeBeau. A Veterans Day trubute for all who serve.
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K - English - Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 674 - Reviews: 12 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 1 - Published: 11/11/2012 - Complete
Remembering by Sgt. Moffitt reviews
Even in the midst of war, it's important to remember.
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,222 - Reviews: 17 - Favs: 4 - Published: 5/26/2012 - Complete
Another time, another war by Glossina reviews
Lebeau reads his father's diary and learns that some friendships were just meant to be.
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K - English - Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,234 - Reviews: 10 - Favs: 14 - Follows: 1 - Published: 2/25/2011 - L. LeBeau, P. Newkirk - Complete
How it all started by Glossina reviews
This is the story contained in the diary of Francois Lebeau which was then given to his son, Louis to read.
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K - English - Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,487 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 5 - Published: 3/14/2011 - Complete
As We That Are Left Grow Old by dust on the wind reviews
It's not the game; it's how you play it. An Anzac Day story.
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 4 - Words: 8,519 - Reviews: 28 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 3 - Updated: 4/25/2010 - Published: 4/15/2010 - Complete
Prisoners of the Christmas Truce by katbybee reviews
2017 HH Big Bang. Inspired by "Christmas in the Trenches," by John McCutcheon, (sung by John McDermott.) Newkirk's safecracking skills may reveal the reason for Klink's attitude towards the Heroes when a search for a new codebook reveals an old diary belonging to a young German private who was present at a Christmas truce in France, 1914, when he met a young Benjamin Newkirk. UUD.
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K+ - English - Family/Drama - Chapters: 10 - Words: 15,296 - Reviews: 14 - Favs: 22 - Follows: 10 - Updated: 11/30/2017 - Published: 11/17/2017 - W. Klink, P. Newkirk, OC - Complete
1916 by Goldleaf83 reviews
"Death is not an adventure to those who stand face to face with it. [I] will simply try to tell of a generation of men who, even though they may have escaped its shells, were destroyed by the war."—Erich Maria Remarque
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: T - English - Drama - Chapters: 3 - Words: 15,105 - Reviews: 28 - Favs: 15 - Follows: 5 - Updated: 12/31/2016 - Published: 9/25/2016 - Complete
1914 Christmas by Goldleaf83 reviews
A moment of peace in a world at war.
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 3 - Words: 9,697 - Reviews: 12 - Favs: 8 - Follows: 2 - Updated: 12/31/2017 - Published: 12/24/2017 - H. Schultz - Complete
God Save the King by whirlyite reviews
Just a little something inspired by old newsreels on YouTube. Please tell me what you think!
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K+ - English - Friendship - Chapters: 4 - Words: 6,309 - Reviews: 38 - Favs: 21 - Follows: 6 - Updated: 11/14/2010 - Published: 11/4/2010 - P. Newkirk, H. Schultz - Complete
Two Minutes of Silence by Abracadebra reviews
One didn't have to fight in the last World War to know the darkness of its long shadow. Set on Armistice Day 1943, and written for the 100th Anniversary of Armistice Day challenge. Papa Bear Awards 2019: Best Story Based on a Challenge (Gold), Best Short Drama (Silver)
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K+ - English - Drama - Chapters: 3 - Words: 3,392 - Reviews: 20 - Favs: 9 - Follows: 2 - Published: 11/10/2018 - A. Carter, L. LeBeau, P. Newkirk - Complete
It's War Again by L. E. Wigman reviews
In 'The Rise and Fall of Sergeant Schultz', Klink says to Schultz, "Remember we were the men that took Poland in 23 days." To which Schultz,replies, "I was at home with my wife." Let's take a look at that September evening... Written for the 100th Anniversary of Armistice Day Challenge, proposed by Abracadebra. PBA 2019 WINNER - Best Short Drama, BRONZE & Most Unique Story, BRONZE
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: T - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,115 - Reviews: 12 - Favs: 7 - Follows: 1 - Published: 11/10/2018 - H. Schultz - Complete
Most Loyal by dust on the wind reviews
It was twenty-five years ago, but the love and loyalty of one small creature has not been forgotten. Written for the centenary of the Armistice, inspired by Abracadebra's prompt.
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 3,820 - Reviews: 10 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 1 - Published: 11/11/2018 - Complete
Iron Harvest by Belphegor reviews
They'll be reaping what war sowed for a long time. Written for the centenary of the Armistice, inspired by Abracadebra's prompt.
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K+ - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,229 - Reviews: 12 - Favs: 5 - Published: 11/11/2018 - L. LeBeau - Complete
Buried, Not Forgotten by Sam Worth reviews
Tag to "Hogan, go home". Crittendon had no experience in talking to Klink, but he had something that Hogan didn't have - a shared experience of fighting in WWI. Written for the 100th Anniversary of Armistice Day challenge.
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 3 - Words: 8,478 - Reviews: 15 - Favs: 8 - Follows: 3 - Updated: 11/13/2018 - Published: 11/11/2018 - W. Klink, H. Schultz, R. Crittendon - Complete
1918 The Eleventh Hour by Goldleaf83 reviews
What is Schultz doing at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month of 1918, as the war finally draws to its close? The last of my Great War stories, to honor its centenary and those who fought and suffered in it.
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,655 - Reviews: 16 - Favs: 6 - Follows: 1 - Published: 11/11/2018 - H. Schultz
Klink's Mini Monocle Madness by baja-king reviews
Written in acknowledgement of the centenary anniversary of Armistice. Short stories of reflection, with personal pledges of monies to support beloved projects: Old Soldiers/Sailors Home, K-9 units, etc.
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: T - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,034 - Reviews: 3 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 3 - Published: 12/23/2018 - R. Hogan, W. Klink, H. Schultz, K. Langenscheidt - Complete
After the Silence by Abracadebra reviews
When they told him at the Academy that an officer's priority was to take care of soldiers, they didn't tell him about this part. A sequel to "Two Minutes of Silence," written for the Armistice Day Centennial challenge. Rated T for a couple of profanities.
Hogan's Heroes - Rated: T - English - Drama - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,597 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 10 - Follows: 1 - Published: 11/12/2018 - R. Hogan, P. Newkirk - Complete