Home Community TV Shows Musketeers Mercy in Darkness
Mercy in Darkness
Follow .
Focus: TV Shows Musketeers, Since: 09-25-15
Founder: Mountain Cat - Stories: 55 - Followers: 0 - Staff: 1 - id: 121807
Here you will find only Athos-centric stories. There will be plenty of brotherhood, friendship, humor, adventure, angst and H/C. You will find no Athos-bashing, no Milathos, or ships of any kind. No story will be added to the archive unless it is complete. So if you like your Musketeers noble, heroic and self-sacrificing; if 'All for One and One for All' is your motto and duty is your watchword, you are welcome here."

REVENGE by vmariew reviews
Paris, summer 1630. (Set between e2 and e3 of S1). Louis is alarmed when he hears of a potential threat against him from some nobles. When Richelieu demands that Treville investigate the veracity of the rumours, the Musketeer Captain is under pressure, especially when it becomes clear that revenge can take many forms. I am just borrowing these characters from Dumas and the BBC.
Musketeers - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Friendship - Chapters: 123 - Words: 173,851 - Reviews: 686 - Favs: 17 - Follows: 26 - Updated: 5/17 - Published: 9/1/2019 - Complete
To Hell and Back by Luthien17 reviews
"If we don't get any help soon, Captain, I fear this is the musketeers' last stand". Île-de-Ré, 1627: Buckingham is besieging the island and the young brotherhood of three men is tested when they get embroiled in a long, cruel and bloody conflict. They spend weeks exposed to the gunfire, with no end in sight. Pre-Series.
Musketeers - Rated: T - English - Friendship/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 30 - Words: 122,610 - Reviews: 206 - Favs: 21 - Follows: 28 - Updated: 5/17 - Published: 10/26/2019 - Athos, Porthos, Aramis - Complete
A Friend In Need by Greenlips24 reviews
They say there is safety in numbers. Individual one-man missions, therefore can, mean danger. The four Musketeers bid each other farewell and go their separate ways with a promise to meet in a few days time at The Wren. But one does not return.
Musketeers - Rated: T - English - Drama/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 23 - Words: 43,990 - Reviews: 172 - Favs: 10 - Follows: 11 - Updated: 3/5 - Published: 1/21 - Complete
Running Out Of Miracles by Greenlips24 reviews
Episode tag for Series 1, Episode 1. On the eve of his execution, alone in his cell, Athos contemplates the dawn.
Musketeers - Rated: K+ - English - Angst/Friendship - Chapters: 3 - Words: 4,700 - Reviews: 26 - Favs: 8 - Follows: 2 - Updated: 10/12/2019 - Published: 10/8/2019 - Complete
In Blood And Silence You Speak The Truth by under-my-blue-umbrella reviews
A mission to hunt down a band of highwaymen leaves Athos with a severe injury and even quieter than usual. Aramis' medical skills are pushed to the limits, while Porthos and d'Artagnan deal with the worrisome situation each in their own way. The Musketeers have to turn for help, but the fight for their brother’s life and fate is only just beginning.
Musketeers - Rated: T - English - Hurt/Comfort/Angst - Chapters: 22 - Words: 42,833 - Reviews: 100 - Favs: 29 - Follows: 21 - Updated: 9/9/2019 - Published: 12/30/2018 - D'Artagnan, Athos, Porthos, Aramis - Complete
The Devil's Game by 29Pieces reviews
"You three intrigue me, Aramis. We must have a game. When Athos wakes, you will need to be ready. Either you will play along and participate in the game…" Their captor turned away from him to direct the pistol at Porthos instead. "Or I will kill both of your friends." Whump and H/C, but also lots of courage and friendship.
Musketeers - Rated: T - English - Hurt/Comfort/Friendship - Chapters: 9 - Words: 32,917 - Reviews: 106 - Favs: 34 - Follows: 35 - Updated: 5/6/2019 - Published: 4/8/2019 - D'Artagnan, Athos, Porthos, Aramis - Complete
And So It Begins by Trevlik65 reviews
Mainly Athos centric, this story takes place before series one. A broken Athos has nothing left to live for , until he acquires two new brothers, whether he wants them or not. This is my first attempt so please be kind. I welcome all opinions and advice. All characters are borrowed and I don't own to be in anyway historically accurate.
Musketeers - Rated: T - English - Hurt/Comfort/Friendship - Chapters: 35 - Words: 154,757 - Reviews: 166 - Favs: 35 - Follows: 29 - Updated: 6/4/2019 - Published: 1/2/2019 - Athos, Porthos, Aramis, Milady de Winter - Complete
Dinner for One by vmariew reviews
Serge discovers a very strange dinner party in progress with some unexpected guests participating in a number of surprising revelations.
Musketeers - Rated: K+ - English - Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 5,629 - Reviews: 13 - Favs: 9 - Follows: 3 - Published: 1/1/2018
RETRIBUTION by vmariew reviews
A disgraced Treville has been stripped of his Captaincy and when Musketeers start dying, the first fear is that they are linked but then it appears that an unidentified person (or persons) seeks retribution for something in the past. As the Inseparables investigate, their search takes them back to the regiment's involvement years earlier at the siege of La Rochelle and beyond.
Musketeers - Rated: T - English - Drama/Friendship - Chapters: 77 - Words: 265,352 - Reviews: 886 - Favs: 53 - Follows: 66 - Updated: 6/21/2017 - Published: 12/30/2015
REDEMPTION by vmariew reviews
Paris, 1640. Three years have passed and Aramis, Porthos and d'Artagnan have settled well into their respective roles of First Minister, General and Captain but things are not the same and time cannot dissipate the feeling that they are incomplete. Will there ever be an occasion when the Inseparables ride together again? All for one and one for all?
Musketeers - Rated: T - English - Friendship/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 48 - Words: 167,403 - Reviews: 710 - Favs: 47 - Follows: 66 - Updated: 6/19/2018 - Published: 5/28/2017
Going Back by OpheliaKitt reviews
Going back was always hardest when you feared what you might find there. The musketeers jumped as the unmistakable sound of a pistol reached their ears as though it had been fired from some distance. They dashed from the cellar knowing immediately that the sound had come from where their brothers had been three floors above them...
Musketeers - Rated: K+ - English - Hurt/Comfort/Adventure - Chapters: 18 - Words: 36,581 - Reviews: 121 - Favs: 20 - Follows: 30 - Updated: 12/21/2018 - Published: 11/13/2018 - Complete
Fire and Ice by Keesha reviews
A cold winter's mission tests the Musketeers as they try to get home for the holidays.
Musketeers - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 27 - Words: 60,494 - Reviews: 237 - Favs: 27 - Follows: 27 - Updated: 1/18/2018 - Published: 12/23/2017 - D'Artagnan, Athos, Porthos, Aramis - Complete
Birthday Promise by Buckeye01 reviews
An escaped convict has changed the course of d'Artagnan's birthday, turning the happy day into a nightmare with one unexpected turn of events. Will d'Artagnan's birthday forever be a day of dread? It all comes down to one simple, but profound birthday promise... and the clock is ticking!
Musketeers - Rated: K - English - Hurt/Comfort/Angst - Chapters: 18 - Words: 70,156 - Reviews: 246 - Favs: 43 - Follows: 31 - Updated: 6/10/2017 - Published: 2/13/2017 - D'Artagnan, Athos, Porthos, Aramis - Complete
An Unlikely Brotherhood by Greenlips24 reviews
Two years after her marriage to King Charles I of England, the Queen Consort Henrietta Maria, eighteen years old, returns to France to visit her brother, King Louis XIII. As a Catholic, she is not popular in England, and barely speaks the language. Once out of England, it would suit some if she did not return. It would suit others if she were to die in France.
Musketeers - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 23 - Words: 44,414 - Reviews: 176 - Favs: 14 - Follows: 13 - Updated: 6/9/2017 - Published: 4/23/2017 - Complete
Written in the Stars by GoGirl212 reviews
A fluffy bit about fathers, sons, duty and friendship written for the February Fetes des Mousquetaires contest with the theme "Retrospection."
Musketeers - Rated: K+ - English - Friendship - Chapters: 1 - Words: 4,580 - Reviews: 28 - Favs: 36 - Follows: 6 - Published: 2/28/2017 - D'Artagnan, Athos, Porthos, Aramis
Crossing the Barrier by Keesha reviews
An entry for the February Fete des Mousquetaires challenge 'Retrospection'. Also, an addition to the Fireside chat series. Athos examines an event of his past.
Musketeers - Rated: K+ - English - Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,877 - Reviews: 20 - Favs: 5 - Follows: 2 - Published: 2/27/2017 - Athos, Aramis - Complete
Not Easily Broken by Keesha reviews
Though brothers of the heart and soul now, it wasn't always so. This is the tale of the formation of the Inseparables.
Musketeers - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 86 - Words: 225,323 - Reviews: 1010 - Favs: 73 - Follows: 51 - Updated: 2/15/2017 - Published: 11/22/2016 - Complete
We Are Made For Better Days by Greenlips24 reviews
A renegade priest who is developing weapons, and an ex-mercenary with a skewed sense of honour. It can only mean trouble for The Inseparables. This is the follow-up story to Four Is A Bond Now Broken, set six months later, where we learn the "Who" and "Why" back story. There are references to the first story, so it may help to read or refer to it, if you haven't already done so.
Musketeers - Rated: T - English - Suspense/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 16 - Words: 19,770 - Reviews: 123 - Favs: 12 - Follows: 21 - Updated: 12/26/2016 - Published: 11/26/2016 - Complete
By The Light of the Silvery Moon by Keesha reviews
On a dark and stormy night, the four musketeers come across a isolated house in the woods. Ok, actually it is a beautiful moon -lit night and the house is in the middle of a field, but you get the idea. For the Fête des Mousquetaires competition "Monsters and Manes" challenge.
Musketeers - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 9,390 - Reviews: 18 - Favs: 5 - Published: 10/29/2016
Four Is A Bond Now Broken by Greenlips24 reviews
Someone is playing a deadly game. How long does it take for the inseparables to unravel and for despair to set in? Warning: Grisly bits alert. Disclaimer: I do not own anything.
Musketeers - Rated: T - English - Suspense/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 9 - Words: 13,549 - Reviews: 97 - Favs: 26 - Follows: 33 - Updated: 11/16/2016 - Published: 10/30/2016 - Complete
Merry at dinner and dedde at supper' by vmariew reviews
Athos and d'Artagnan return from a mission to Picardy but all is not well. As Aramis states later, "Give me a broken bone to set, a bullet to dig out and a knife wound to sew and I can do something, but this disorder of the mind leaves me helpless."
Musketeers - Rated: T - English - Friendship/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 10 - Words: 31,119 - Reviews: 108 - Favs: 25 - Follows: 33 - Updated: 11/14/2016 - Published: 9/20/2016
I Thought He Was Drunk by Greenlips24 reviews
d'Artagnan is in Athos's room, ranting at him. Athos cannot respond. Not only that, but his beloved chain and locket have gone.
Musketeers - Rated: K - English - Drama/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 9,107 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 13 - Follows: 5 - Published: 10/2/2016 - Complete
What Do I Do Now? by Greenlips24 reviews
When Athos's life is suddenly turned upside down, he finds help in an unexpected quarter. Meanwhile, the race is on to stop an old enemy, bent on vengence.
Musketeers - Rated: T - English - Drama/Hurt/Comfort - Chapters: 1 - Words: 9,423 - Reviews: 11 - Favs: 11 - Follows: 6 - Published: 10/11/2016 - Complete
For Honor Then by Keesha reviews
Athos learns about the meaning of war. This is an entry for the August "Heat" challenge on the Fete des Mousquetaires forum.
Musketeers - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 4 - Words: 4,967 - Reviews: 23 - Favs: 5 - Follows: 3 - Published: 8/18/2016 - Athos, Aramis - Complete
Frozen Heart by Keesha reviews
"If only my heart was frozen then maybe it wouldn't torture me so." This is for the Fête des Mousquetaires December's challenge with the seasonal theme of "Frozen." Check out the rules in the forums and consider adding an entry.
Musketeers - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 7,978 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 15 - Follows: 5 - Published: 12/19/2015
54 | Page 1 .. Last Next »