Home Community Books Hobbit Smaug fics
Smaug fics
Follow .
Focus: Books Hobbit, Since: 01-08-14
Founder: DONOVAN94 - Stories: 39 - Followers: 4 - Staff: 3 - id: 112091
This community is dedicated to the Greatest Dragon of the Age in all of Middle-Earth! Can be anything from back stories, poems, OC's abound. However, must be focused on Smaug! Should be well written, and can be both from the book or the movie. If you think your story qualifies tell me, or if you want to staff then please tell me.

An Unexpected Friendship by CII reviews
To those entering this world, know that it is not the Middle Earth you are familiar with. Lay aside preconceptions, and step into a Middle Earth of a different sort. What if Smaug didn't die at all in the Hobbit?
Hobbit - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Fantasy - Chapters: 11 - Words: 44,680 - Reviews: 23 - Favs: 48 - Follows: 49 - Updated: 9/16/2019 - Published: 10/29/2017 - Thorin, Bilbo B., Smaug, Tauriel
His Storyteller by Little Gertrude reviews
"Your life hinges on my single breath and whether or not I choose to burn you alive. So let me ask you the question again, and you shall speak your answer carefully. Who are you, child of men?" - Set sixteen years before the events of the "Desolation of Smaug". A story about a girl who stood against a dragon with little more than her tales and wit.
Hobbit - Rated: K+ - English - Friendship/Fantasy - Chapters: 22 - Words: 72,054 - Reviews: 180 - Favs: 306 - Follows: 312 - Updated: 5/12/2018 - Published: 5/6/2015 - Smaug, Bard, OC - Complete
Who He Was by AbandonedAmber reviews
Smaug hates dwarves and humans with a passion, as all hobbit fans know. However, what if gold was not the only thing that drove him to attacking Erebor? Why did he attack Dale, even though he could have claimed the mountain without destroying the town? What if the cause, the reason, the inspiration for taking Erebor...was revenge? T for blood.
Hobbit - Rated: T - English - Tragedy/Family - Chapters: 2 - Words: 1,817 - Reviews: 8 - Favs: 14 - Follows: 7 - Updated: 3/10/2016 - Published: 5/16/2014 - Smaug
In the Deep Teaser by Silver Katsuyami reviews
This is a teaser oneshot of my upcoming hobbit story, just to test the waters and see what everyone thinks. It's one of my favorite scenes I've written for it, so there may be many questions. My oc is not of human kind, if this goes well, you will learn more. A two day journey turns sour as Galelasa demands to leave the dragon's lair.
Hobbit - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 578 - Reviews: 11 - Favs: 8 - Follows: 9 - Published: 3/4/2014 - OC, Smaug - Complete
The Princess and the Dragon by Cerebella Kennor reviews
Dragons do not lightly suffer company in their hoards, unless that company intrigues them or bears some resemblance to treasure, and I somehow happened to manage both. OR: Smaug decides it would be amusing to confirm the old folktales of captured Princesses and Dragons. All princesses need saving, and it's no different for Carmen - even if she's not, in fact, a princess.
Hobbit - Rated: T - English - Friendship - Chapters: 4 - Words: 26,927 - Reviews: 34 - Favs: 174 - Follows: 89 - Updated: 12/26/2013 - Published: 12/22/2013 - Bilbo B., Smaug, OC - Complete
Final Thoughts by Scarlet Pimpernel00 reviews
This is Smaug's thoughts as he's falling to the lake. Morbid, I know.
Hobbit - Rated: T - English - Tragedy/Angst - Chapters: 3 - Words: 1,033 - Reviews: 16 - Favs: 10 - Follows: 8 - Updated: 3/25/2014 - Published: 2/20/2014 - Smaug
Dragon Soul: The Heart of a Dragon by JFDragonFire reviews
A mysterious girl, claiming to be a Dragon-Slayer, joins the band of Dwarves reclaiming Erebor. She is neither human, nor elf, hobbit, nor dwarf. No, she is far more cunning and dangerous than anyone in the company can even begin to imagine. PREVIEW ON MY PROFILE!
Hobbit - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Fantasy - Chapters: 21 - Words: 25,348 - Reviews: 101 - Favs: 137 - Follows: 144 - Updated: 1/25 - Published: 2/9/2014 - Gandalf, Thorin, Bilbo B., Smaug
The Gilded Serpent by Starlocked reviews
More based on the movie, this is a look at the psyche of Smaug when dealing with hobbits and dwarves disturbing his rest
Hobbit - Rated: K - English - Fantasy - Chapters: 1 - Words: 363 - Reviews: 2 - Favs: 3 - Follows: 1 - Published: 2/5/2014 - Smaug - Complete
A Dragon's Fire Tamed by alfakyn-elf reviews
What happens when Tauriel investigates the Lonely Mountain? Will she find a sleeping dragon, or nothing at all? SmaugxTauriel. One shot. A request for Tumblr. Complete.
Hobbit - Rated: K - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 954 - Reviews: 9 - Favs: 35 - Follows: 15 - Published: 1/28/2014 - Smaug, Tauriel - Complete
stay with me by Asher to Ashes reviews
"It's not your fault, love. You didn't know." {Human!Dragons, Song Fic -sort of-}
Hobbit - Rated: K+ - English - Hurt/Comfort/Angst - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,024 - Reviews: 6 - Favs: 13 - Follows: 7 - Published: 1/21/2014 - Smaug - Complete
To Kindle A Heart of Ashes by RainaStorms reviews
Smaug survives Lake Town, but only barely. The black arrow digs deep into his chest as he flees without choice. He takes refuge in a cave miles away from Erebor, where he lays down and waits for death to claim him. It is as he is clinging to the last threads of life that a gentle-eyed woman stumbles upon him. Arrogant even in death Smaug thinks little of her but will that change?
Hobbit - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Spiritual - Chapters: 11 - Words: 33,242 - Reviews: 132 - Favs: 211 - Follows: 205 - Updated: 1/1/2015 - Published: 1/3/2014
The Spirit of the Lonely Mountain by Elizabeth Athineu reviews
Thorin and Smaug meet face to face in a fever while Thranduil regrets his actions that led to the fever. Smaug explains, with arrogant indifference that something else called him to the Erebor; something that cried within the Lonely Mountain that even Thorin as a young dwarf could sense . . .
Hobbit - Rated: K+ - English - Fantasy/Drama - Chapters: 2 - Words: 7,139 - Reviews: 7 - Favs: 15 - Follows: 25 - Updated: 9/5/2013 - Published: 7/29/2013 - Thorin, Smaug, Elvenking Thranduil
The fire shall make thee shriek by Kitserix reviews
This is a short one shot. I got the idea because of a song sung by Benedict Cumberbatch. Whenever I hear it i think of Smaug, Ive been a fan of Smaug even before BC got the role. I hope you all enjoy this! Read & Review please! The song is from a radio story BC did where he played an Angel.
Hobbit - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 570 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 8 - Follows: 2 - Published: 10/11/2013 - Smaug - Complete
Worth More Than Gold by My Purple Skies reviews
Middle-Earth is changing and dragons are being hunted. A group of dragons go to a wizard for help. He gives them the ability to turn into humans. As time goes by, Middle-Earth's magical beings go into hiding and we are left with our present world. Smaug, disguised as a human, works as a ruthless lawyer. His new assistant, Diana, notices that things are not quite what they seem.
Hobbit - Rated: T - English - Fantasy/Romance - Chapters: 2 - Words: 5,872 - Reviews: 31 - Favs: 49 - Follows: 69 - Updated: 12/6/2013 - Published: 11/30/2013 - Smaug, Radagast, OC
More Precious Than Gold by theheartsbeat reviews
A young child wanders into Smaug's lair, seeking refuge. Could this child truly be of any worth to the Magnificent Smaug? What happens when the troublesome dwarves sneak back into his home? One-shot. Hope you enjoy and sorry if its a bit rushed!
Hobbit - Rated: K+ - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 2,821 - Reviews: 18 - Favs: 111 - Follows: 29 - Published: 12/15/2013 - Smaug - Complete
Calamity by Sookie Starchild reviews
At the moment of his death, the spirit of the Long Lake curses Smaug with a human form. Is he meant to repent for his crimes? Learn the beauty of the world he was so enamored with destroying? Or is he just supposed to suffer?
Hobbit - Rated: T - English - Romance/Tragedy - Chapters: 6 - Words: 9,928 - Reviews: 44 - Favs: 78 - Follows: 118 - Updated: 1/10/2014 - Published: 12/29/2013 - [Smaug, OC]
Dragon Heart by MoniMcCoy reviews
Kalaana wasn't a normal girl. She was born as a dragon but was turned into human and raised by Radagast. She had always been completely oblivius to her real nature, until now. Now, with the Company of Dwarves she has the opportunity to discover her real origins and maybe reencounter with her true father. (Cover is from samih-chan from deviantart)
Hobbit - Rated: T - English - Adventure/Family - Chapters: 11 - Words: 22,507 - Reviews: 73 - Favs: 229 - Follows: 149 - Updated: 6/1/2014 - Published: 12/16/2013 - Bilbo B., Smaug, OC - Complete